DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Civil engineering & diploma course aims at producing highly qualified, efficient technicians capable of meeting the requirements of the basic level of the Civil Engineering & Diploma field. During the course of study, the student is exposed to various subjects of Civil Engineering such as Planning, Drafting (both manual and computer –aided), Surveying, Estimation & Costing, Construction Technology, Basics of Highway, Railway, Bridge, Airport, Tunnel and Harbour Engineering. The course also offers adequate exposure to Reinforced Concrete Structures, Quality Control, Material Testing, Construction Management & Entrepreneurship, Professional Practice and Office Procedures. Students also get a feel of Extensive Survey, Building Drawing, Irrigation & Bridge Drawing and Structural Engineering Drawing. Students are also exposed to software like AUTOCAD & STAAD.
At present good placement opportunities are available for diploma holders in the field of Civil Engineering, both in Government & Private Sectors. They can be absorbed as site engineers involved in supervision, draftsman (with computer knowledge), surveyors, and personnel in-charge of quality control, estimation work and office procedures. They can establish their own consultancy in the civil engineering and construction fields or become Licensed Class I Contractors.
- A pass in Class X or its equivalent examination with 35% in each of the subjects with Science and Mathematics.
- student must have studied English as one of the subjects in Class X
- Non-UP students should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Govt. of UP (UPBTE)
- UP students who have passed class X in ICSE or CBSE should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Government of UP.
Civil engineers are the engineers who help society to function. In this broad historical context, civil engineers plan, design, construct, maintain, and improve structures, facilities, and other infrastructure, including transportation and energy systems, with the goal of wise and efficient use of resources and to promote the technical education and strive for the betterment of society.
- Providing an education, not just in engineering training but also developing lifelong skills.
- To provide an environment for faster research and innovation.
- Addressing important engineering challenges for well-functioning societies with a new focus on developing research and curricula to promote sustainable civil engineering,
- Maintaining a culture that promotes excellence and that allows students, staff, and faculty to excel in their endeavors.
- To make the department a center of excellence in the field of civil engineering .
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)-
- To make students proficient in the fundamentals of engineering, science, analytical and quantitative reasoning and design in the context of civil engineering.
- Students should be able to apply these skills in developing safe, suitable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems.
- Grow professionally in their career through continued development of technical skills.
- Understand the need and represent the diversity of the program thereby serving the needs of society and the profession.
A warm and affectionate welcome from the Department of Diploma Civil Engg.
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment.
Our department has a team of qualified and experienced faculty and staff members and we are striving hard to improve the quality of education. The core value of the department is to help the students to develop their overall personality and make them worthy technocrats so that they can successfully compete and work at the global level.
“SUCCESS IS THE SUM OF ALL EFFORTS MADE DAY IN AND DAY OUT.”
Laboratories in Department of Civil Engineering :-
- Building material and construction lab
- Hydraulics and Hydraulics machine lab
- Strength of material Lab
- Public Health Engineering
- Survey lab
- Soil mechanics lab
- Concrete Technology lab
- Building construction and material lab
- Drawing Lab
- Civil Lab (RCC and transport Lab)
- Surveying -2 lab
- Field Exposure
- Drawing lab
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Professional Communication||Applied Mathematics-I(B)|
|Applied Mathematics-I(A)||Applied Physics-II|
|Applied Physics-I||Applied Mechanics|
|Applied Chemistry||Computer Application For Engineering|
|Engineering Drawing||Building Material|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Ele. Elect.& Mech. Engg.||Soil Mechanics & found. Engg|
|Strength of Material||Building const. & Maint. Engg|
|Public Health Engg.||Civil Engineering Drg.|
|Surveying I||Civil Lab II (B.C. & Maint. Lab , Conc. Tech. Lab.& Soil Mech. Lab)|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Design of Reinforced Concrete Structure||Environmental Pollution & Control|
|Transportation Engineering||Design of Steel & Masonary Structure|
|Estimating, Costing & Valu.||Construction Management,|
|Surveying II||Accounts & Entrepreneurship Development|
|Irrigation Engg.||Civil Engineering Drawing II|
|Civil Lab-III(RCC & Trans. )|
|Project Work – – – – Viva|
Top Project of DIPLOMA CIVIL ENGINEERING
|S. No.||BTE ROLL NO.||STUDENTS NAME||PROJECT TOPIC|
|1.||163227455355||Shashank Shekhar Pandey||RESIDENTIAL BUILDING|
|163227455376||Niteesh Kumar Singh|
|163227455380||Km Jyotsana Sharma|