DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Information Technology (IT) is concerned with technology to treat information. The acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical information by a microelectronics-based combination of computing and telecommunications are its main fields. The term in its modern sense first appeared in a 1958 article published in the Harvard Business Review, in which authors Leavitt and Whistler commented that “the new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it information technology (IT).”Some of the modern and emerging fields of Information technology are next generation web technologies, bioinformatics, cloud computing, global information systems, large scale knowledge bases, etc. Advancements are mainly driven in the field of computer science.
The growing importance of information technology in our modern day society is acknowledged fully by us at AIMT. AMBALIKA has an up-to date ICT infrastructure, providing students with the best possible means to carry out their day-to-day work and facilitate assignments and project work. Every student is assigned a computer to work on and to acquire hands-on experience under the guidance of expert faculty members. AMBALIKA is the only North Indian institute equipped with world class modular furniture and has one of the best designed, centrally air conditioned Computer Center. The commitment of our college to provide quality education in this field is evident by the fact that there are 6 labs with 6 servers and 300 Core duo machines. This includes Windows NT, UNIX, Oracle IOG, VB, C++ and Java. The center boasts of the latest software technologies connected with LAN. The lab is used for web-surfing and for procuring useful information from the Internet. Priority is given to see that students are well acquainted with basics of Engineering graphics, mechanical designs, machines and tools and other software reliabilities.
- To create an environment of curiosity in students for research & innovations.
- To strengthen professional ethics & integrity in students along with their technical education.
- To promote professional ethics and a sense of civic responsibility, empowering the students to be leading entrepreneurs in their respective field and society as a whole.
To prepare students-
- To meet the needs of Commerce & Industry.
- To come forth with their knowledge, skills & developmental attitude.
- To develop technology for better growth.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
To develop graduates into professionals who:
- Exhibit ability to apply knowledge of Math’s, Science and basics of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Have an understanding of the fundamental principles of programming languages with latest platforms.
- Have hands on experience of Industry Standard Software development tools with latest areas & conduct experiments to analyse & interpret data.
- Have an understanding of professional & ethical responsibility so as to develop Managerial skills designed to face challenges in their career confidently.
- Understand the need to engage in lifelong learning so as to appreciate contemporary issues & develop solutions for betterment of Society.
Click on The Following Links to Download Syllabus