DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (PRODUCTION)
The Students are exposed to Mechanical drafting, Designing, Modification of existing design, Estimating & Costing, Operating of various machines and their maintenance. They also get adequate exposure to latest technology such as, CAD /CAM & Robotics and CNC.
The Diploma Holders can be absorbed as Apprentice Trainees in reputed Public Sector / Private Sector companies. After completion of the training, they will be placed as maintenance / production engineers. They can acquire additional qualification and thus reach higher levels in the company. They are also trained to start their own business.
- A pass in Class X or its equivalent examination with 35% in each of the subjects with Science and Mathematics.
- student must have studied English as one of the subjects in Class X
- Non-UP students should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Govt. of UP(UPBTE)
- UP students who have passed class X in ICSE or CBSE should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Government of UP.
We strive for producing Mechanical Engineering professionals having sound technical knowledge with innovative approaches, who are competent to pursue diverse and successful careers in modern society.
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure to students in order to impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering(Production).
- To enhance the overall academic performance of the students gradually, thereby increasing their placement potential.
- To develop the students for facing intellectual and ethical career challenges.
- To educate the students for effective technical communication and teamwork.
- To develop the Department of Mechanical Engineering as a center of excellence in the field of ‘Production Engineering’ in the next 10 year.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)-
- To prepare the students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To develop various soft skills among students in order to prepare them for pursuing diverse careers in industry.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
You are welcome to the Department of Diploma Mechanical Engineering at AIMT. Its our pleasure to introduce the department. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty. The objective of department is to prepare students for successful career in Industry, Research and Academics to meet the needs of growing technology. Our efforts are put in to develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to a product design.
Department of Mechanical Engineering strives for increasing the knowledge, enhancing the critical thinking, ability to change information into knowledge and power of analyzing the things technically of each and every individual of ever changing society through students.
“IF YOU WANT LIGHT TO COME INTO YOUR LIFE,YOU NEED TO STAND WHERE IT IS SHINING.”
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Professional Communication||Applied Mathematics-I(B)|
|Applied Mathematics-I(A)||Applied Physics-II|
|Applied Physics-I||Applied Mechanics|
|Applied Chemistry||Elements of Mech. Engg.|
|Engineering Drawing||Elementary Workshop Tech.|
|Field Exposure-I (Assessment at Instt. Level)||
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Applied Mathematics-II||Mechanics of Solids|
|Materials & Material Science||Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines|
|Thermal Engineering||Electrical Technology & Electronics|
|Manufacturing Processes||Mechanical Engg. Drawing Practical’s|
|Computer Application For Engineering Practical’s||Mechanics of Solid Lab|
|Thermal Engineering Lab||Electrical Technology & Electronics Lab|
|Manufacturing Processes (W/S Practice )||Hydraulics Lab|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Industrial Management and Entrepreneurship Development||6 Environmental Education and Disaster Management|