DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
This learning club in the college arranges vivid programs which include students’ campus selection, personality development programs, training for interviews and competitive examinations, industrial training for students, assistance for higher studies in India and abroad, and other career development systems.
The principal objective of the cell is to enhance the professionalism and employ-ability of the students of the college so as to facilitate the achievement of their career goals.
Our Mission entails the following:
- To provide job opportunities by bringing the companies for campus recruitment to all the eligible students.
- To enhance current technical and practical knowledge of students.
- To make the students ‘PLUG & PLAY’ by imparting soft skills and employ-ability skills.
- To have strong Industry-Institute Interaction.
- Assist students develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions.
- Assist students develop and implement successful job search strategies.
- Work with faculty members, department Heads and administration to integrate career planning and academic curriculum as well as coordinate Project Work/ Summer Training/internship programs.
- Assist employers to achieve their hiring goals.
- Serve the community by providing access to our campus wide activities & career resources.
- Empower students with life-long career decision-making skills.
- Provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- Act as a link between students, alumni and the employment community
- Up gradation of the students skill sets commensurate with the expectations of the industry.
- Generation of awareness in the students regarding future career options available to them.
- Assisting different companies in recruiting candidates as per their requirements.
- Assisting our students in obtaining final placement in reputed companies.
- To produce the most competitive technocrats to fit in all scenario.
- To place students in Prospective IT & Core Companies.
- To give sufficient practical exposures to create action plans and execute the solutions.
- Help the students to develop a passion to win and a global mindset.
This club of the department operates with an active involvement and support of all the staff members and students of the department. The Cell holds periodical meetings to chalk out programs guide their implementation and assess their progress and effectiveness.
Lack of soft skills among the job aspirants from various places, is pointed out every time. The Cell, therefore, organizes training programs for developing and improving communication skills of the students. They cover areas such as:
- Personality Development
- Communication Skills
- CV Preparation
- Group Discussion
- Interview Management
- Aptitude Tests
- English Language Skills
The feed-back from the students on these programs is effusive and showed them to be very effective. Training institutions such as NIIT, TIME, Escube Technologies, etc., conducted seminars in the college to inform the students on the training courses they offer in specialist technical fields. The yeoman-job, being done by the Language Laboratory of the college in improving the language skills of the students, is highly appreciated by all.
While , it has been a year filled with activities and satisfactory results for the Training and Placement Cell, it goes without saying that much more has to be aimed at. Raising the level of information support for the students, wider exposure to the industry, enthusing more students to take the relevant training courses and inculcating the spirit of entrepreneurship in the campus community are the areas needing further intensity.
- CS Final Year Coordinator
- CS Third Year Coordinator
Contact HOD –CS @ 9415089445