Ambalika Joins the Top Colleges with NBA Accreditation
AMBALIKA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY AFFILIATED TO DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN GRANTED NBA STATUS IN THE UG ENGINEERING PROGRAMS- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.
AMBALIKA INSTITUTE is one of the top Institutes of Uttar Pradesh to have valid NBA Accreditation in two of its Depts. (CS & ME).
Presently only 12 Private Colleges and 6 Govt. Technical Institutes in Uttar Pradesh have valid NBA Accreditation.
The National Board of Accreditation (NBA) is one of the two major bodies responsible for accreditation of higher education institutions in India. NBA accredits technical programmes such as engineering and management programmes. These include diplomas, undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
With this Accreditation Ambalika Institute stands shoulder to shoulder with IET Lucknow which was the second college in Lucknow to get NBA status after Ambalika.
The prominent Private Colleges having Valid NBA Accreditation in Uttarpradesh are- Ambalika Lucknow, PSIT Kanpur with 10 more colleges such as AK Garg, JSS, KIET etc from Gaziabad/Noida.
ONE OF THE BASIC CONDITION FOR GETTING SCHOLARSHIP FROM THE SAMAJ KALYAN VIBHAG IS TO TAKE ADMISSION IN A NBA ACCREDITED COURSE (as per Govt. Order समाज कल्याण अनुभाग-३ संख्या-२२२/२०१९/४१३८/२६-३-२०१९-४(३५८)/०७टी.सी-III )
It is a known fact that Technical institutions should mandatorily fulfill all specific criteria according to norms of NBA to get accreditation. The norms of NBA accreditation are in-line with international standards framed for technical institutions.
Benefits of NBA Accreditation
- Accreditation is a process of quality assurance and improvement, by which a program is critically analyzed to verify that the Institution or the program continuously meets the Norms and Standards prescribed by AICTE from time to time.
- The accreditation by NBA is to promote and recognize excellence in technical education—at both UG and PG levels. Institutions, students, employers, and the public, all benefit from the NBA accreditation process. They also benefit from the process of continuous quality improvement that is encouraged by the NBA’s approach to promote excellence in technical education.
- Accreditation serves the following purposes :
- Support and advice to technical Institutions in the maintenance and improvement of their quality. ·
- Confidence and assurance on quality to various stakeholders including students.
- Assurance of the good ranking of an Institution to government departments and other interested bodies.
- Enabling an Institution to state publicly that it has voluntarily accepted independent inspection and has satisfied all the requirements for satisfactory operation and maintenance of quality in education.
- Impact of Accreditation: The impact of accreditation is summarized below
- Encourages quality improvement by Institutions, Improves student enrollment in terms of quality and quantity ·
- It helps the Institution in securing necessary funds.
- It helps in recognition of degrees and mobility of graduates and professionals.
- It creates sound and challenging academic environment in the Institutional benefits.
- It helps the Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- It initiates Institutions into innovative and modern methods of pedagogy ·
- It gives Institutions a new sense of direction and identity. Provides society with reliable information on quality of education offered.
- Provides society with reliable information on quality of education offered.
- How NBA Benefits to Students:
- It puts a stamp of approval on graduates: graduating from an accredited institution indicates that graduates are expected to be ready to practice at a certain level.
- Students studying in NBA accredited Institutions can be assured that they will receive education which is a balance between high academic quality and professional relevance well integrated into program, activities and processes.
- It signifies that one has entered the Institution, which has the essential features of quality professional education.
- It enhances employability of graduates.
- It promotes intra and inter-Institutional interactions.
- Allows graduates to secure good jobs in India and abroad. (This has become mandatory in some countries already)
- Prospective Students
- Prospective students use the accreditation status of a program/institution as a factor in their decision whether to enroll. In areas where several accrediting bodies operate, the reputation of the accrediting body that had approved a program may become an important factor in student enrollment decisions.
- Governmental Agencies
- NBA accreditation helps institutes to get financial assistance from government agencies, private bodies etc
- Like industry, some governments use accreditation as a selection criterion of employment candidates. In addition, accredited programs often have advantage in governmental decisions on public funding of research or educational infrastructure. In some cases, accreditation affects broader policy matters such as approving entry visas for out-of-country students who wish to enroll in an academic program.
- Catalyst for International Accreditations:
- Due to accreditation from NBA, the institution’s systems and procedures get aligned with the institution’s mission and vision. All essential prerequisites for international accreditation are included in the accreditation process of NBA. Therefore, NBA acts as a catalyst for the institutions planning to acquire International Accreditation.
- Benefits to Parents:
- It signifies that their ward goes through a teaching-learning environment as per accepted good practices.
- Benefits to Alumni:
- It reassures alumni that alumni are products of an institute with a higher standing in terms of learning.
VARIOUS GOVERNMENT’S ARE USING NBA ACCREDITATION AS A MARK OF QUALITY EDUCATION AND ARE FORMING THEIR POLICY OF GRANT OF SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL HELP TO STUDENTS WHO WOULD STUDY IN NBA ACCREDITED COURSES ONLY