National Service Scheme (NSS) was introduced in 1969 with the primary objective of
developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community
service. ‘Education through Service’ is the purpose of the NSS. The ideological orientation of the
NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. Very appropriately, the motto of NSS is
“NOT ME, BUT YOU”. An NSS volunteer places the ‘community’ before ‘self’.
The social activities aim to include social welfare in students, and to provide service to
society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to
enhance their standard of living and lead life of dignity. The Ambalika Institute of Management
and Technology students actively participated in events conducted on behalf of Ambalika
Institute of Management and Technology NSS unit.
OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
NSS aims at developing the following qualities/ competencies among the
1. To understand the community in which the NSS volunteers work
2. To understand themselves in relation to their community
3. To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve themselves in
4. To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
5. To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community
6. To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
7. To gain skills in mobilizing community participation
8. To acquire leadership qualities and democratic values
9. To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
10. To practice national integration and social harmony
NSS attempts to establish meaningful linkages between ‘Campus and Community’, ‘College and
Village’ and ‘Knowledge and Action’.
MOTTO – “NOT ME BUT YOU”
- The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You” reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the
need for self-less service. NSS helps the students development & appreciation to other person's
point of view and also show consideration towards other living beings. The philosophy of the
NSS is a good doctrine in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an
individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole and therefore, the
NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
ADVANTAGES / BENEFIT OF JOINING NSS:
- Personality Development
- Preference in Admission / Employment
- National Integration camp, Adventure Programme, State level as well as National Level
- It helps in acquiring leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- It provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and universities to develop
their personality through community service.
- It developer a sense of involvement in the task of nation building.
- Volunteer’s interaction with the slum dwellers and villagers expose them to the realities
of life and bring about a change in their social perception.
- It helps in developing positive attitude, self-confidence, courage & patience.
- It helps in developing his / her skill to perform certain jobs, quality of an organizer an
Administrator and development of personality as a whole.
- He/she gets opportunities to see the community closely and thus gets an experience of
human nature in relation to his / her environment.
- Gets the opportunity to meet the people from different walks of life.
- He/she gets the opportunity to participate in various National / State level programme
such as National Integration, Motivational Lamps, value oriented self-development
camps, Adventure camps, workshops. Youth exhibition, cultural programmes etc.
- A National service scheme contingent of 100 (boys and girls) participants selected after a
rigorous test participates in the Republic day parade camp for 3 weeks at New Delhi in
the month of January every year.
- NSS volunteer completing 240 hours of regular community service in a period of two
years is to be issued an NSS certificate by the college.
ACTIVITIES OF NSS:
1. Swachh Bharath Pakwada program
2. Blood Donation Camp
3. Pulse Polio Camp
4. Tree Adoption program
5. Organized Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Birth anniversary as Jal Diwas in association with CWC
(Central Water Commission, Govt. Of India)
6. Leadership camp
7. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship
8. Swatch AIMT Campus Event
9. Matrbhasha Diwas Celebration
10. Pre Republic day parade selection
11. Celebration/observing SADBHAVAN DIVAS
12. Independence Day Celebration
13. NSS Annual Special Camp
14. National Integration camp
15. Flood relief activity
16. Cleanliness Drive
17. NSS orientation class
18. Celebration of “World Environment Day”
19. Awareness campaigning of Global Virus
20. COVID-19 Vaccination drive
21. Eco Club
22. Celebration of Republic Day
23. Observing/Celebrating “National Voters Day”
24. Economically Weak/underprivileged child Education Week.
25. Observing “Aatm Nirbhar Bharat”
26. ‘FIT INDIA CYCLYTHON & MARATHON’
27. Celebration of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day to commemorate the birth
Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel)
28. AICTE 100 Activity points activities.