DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Mechanical engineering is a subset of general engineering. Engineers use science and mathematical principles to solve technical problems. Since they often create new products to solve these problems, they are in high demand. Engineers are essentially inventors. By dreaming up ideas and turning them into a reality they push technology to its limits.
Mechanical engineers are specialized engineers who work with mechanical devices. These may include elevators, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, robots, and electric generators. Mechanical engineers design tools used in other engineering disciplines. As you can imagine, mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering specialties.
Mechanical Engineering is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It requires a solid understanding of key concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics and energy. Mechanical engineers use these principles and others in the design and analysis of automobiles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, medical devices and more.
To nurture the students in achieving excellence in mechanical engineering to develop proficiency in the field of research activities along with overall personality development and contribute the nation and humanity.
1. Motivating students to indulge in critical and creative thinking by putting them in challenging environments.
2. Developing department of mechanical engineering as a centre of excellence in the field of automobile engineering, CAD/CAM and robotics.
3. Creating an interactive environment in classes which is mutually beneficial for students and teacher.
4. Develop the habit of continuous learning, team work and fulfill the societal needs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing the graduates to achieve.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- Have an understanding of professional & ethical responsibility so as to develop Managerial skills designed to face challenges in their career confidently.
- Understand the need to engage in lifelong learning so as to appreciate contemporary issues & develop solutions for betterment of Society.
Laboratories in Department of Mechanical Engineering :-
- Fluid Mechanics Lab.
- Material Science & Testing Lab.
- Machine Drawing I
- Thermodynamics Lab.
- Electrical Machines & Controls Lab.
- Machine Drawing II
- Manufacturing Technology I Lab.
- Measurement and Metrology Lab.
- Machine Design-I Lab
- Manufacturing Science-II Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Machine Design-II Lab
- Theory of Machines Lab
- Machine Tool Design Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- I. C. Engine & Automobile Lab
- Industrial Training I & II Evaluation and viva
Click on The following Links To Download Syllabus
|Top 3 project of Mechanical Department|
|S.no||Roll No||Name||Project Title|
|1||1225740014||ASHWANY KUMAR MAURYA||DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF QUARDCOPTER|
|1436340901||ABHISHEK KUMAR SINGH|
|2||1336340027||ANKUR SRIVASTAVA||DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF HOVERCRAFT|
|1336340094||SAMAR BAHADUR VERMA|
|3||1336340019||AMANJEET SINGH||Automated car parking space system|